Exchange Visitors Program vs Visa J1 vs Summer Work Travel: The basics

by | May 26, 2018 | Cultural Exchanges, Intercambio | 0 comments

Much has been said about cultural exchanges. Terms such as “exchange program” “Visa J1” and “Summer Work” have been mentioned. It is true that these terms have been used in the same sentence in the past, however, they can not be used interchangeably. So: what is the Exchange Visitors Program, Summer Work, and Visa J1?

According to the Department of State of the United States, the J1 Visa is a type of visa that is used for individuals who approve participating in an Exchange Visitors Program study or Work-Travel. The Summer Work Travel Program is another of the categories of the Exchange Visitors Program and it is for students who are registered full-time, pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate studies in academic institutions that are located outside the United States, and go to that country to share their cultures and ideas with people in the United States through work and travel opportunities.

The Exchange Visitors Program is the general name of all programs allowed by the United States Department of State. To see a more complete list of all the Exchange Visitors Program programs, click here.

The ACE Summer Work and Travel is the name we give to our program of cultural exchanges. However, we are labeled in the “Summer Work Travel Program” category. We are not a J1-Visa Program, since that term does not exist. The J1 Visa is the type of visa that individuals who do some program of the Exchange Visitors Program will need.

Deja un comentario


Comparte este post con tus amigos.